Crochet: New Use for Hair Clips

I bought some hair clips that simply slide out of my hair within five minutes.  Just useless junk cluttering my desk until the other day when I had a thought: they would be perfect yarn stops for crochet or yarn projects in general.


 I inserted the light-colored clip through the last loop before snapping it closed.  This will prevent my chihuahua from pulling all the stitches out next times she decides to behave like a cat and play with my yarn when I set it down.  The dark-colored clip is to remind me that I need to pull a few stitches out because that side has one too many stitches.

Here's the completed project: an area rug (5.5" across) for the children's room in a 1:12 scale dollhouse that I'm working on.  My goal is to use only recycled materials and scraps to make and furnish the dollhouse.



Comments