Miniature 4-Patch Quilt

During the last spell of freezing weather, I set up a small table near the woodstove and played with craft sticks while watching the Olympics.  After building a tiny house with a tiny bed, I found some scraps to make a tiny quilt to go on the tiny bed.

 The tiny bed measures 1" x 3" and the tiny quilt measures 2.75" x 3.25". The batting is a piece of aluminum foil (needed to make such a tiny quilt "drape" on a tiny bed) and the backing is another fabric scrap.  The three layers are sewn together with a narrow zigzag stitch. I'm still deliberating on what to use to simulate the binding.  Even 1/8th inch ribbon is too large for this scale, so I'm thinking sock yarn or embroidery floss might work for the binding.  The tiny bedroom rug is crocheted from a skein of 6-strand embroidery floss.  It's not perfectly round, but the bed will hide the wonky part so I'm not redoing it.  I'll take photos of the tiny bedroom later when I get a few more tiny things done.

It won't be long before the weather warms up enough that I can play in my sewing shed and make human sized things again, but it's fun to play in miniature scale once in a while.

Comments