Two Quilt Tops to Finish


This is a tablerunner I sandwiched the last nice day of fall when I could use my patio table to spread things out. My plan was to finish it before Christmas for a gift. That didn't happen!  But now I'm glad because after seeing the photo, I decided that it really needs a border of some sort. So yesterday, I unsandwiched it and added 1.5" (unfinished) border strips. No photo yet, but I like it better.  The weather is supposed to be rather nice next week, so maybe I can get it resandwiched.  (Spellchecker is telling me that unsandwiched and resandwiched are not real words, but they will be when quilters rule the world!)

Here's the flannel top that I made about ten years ago after my Jumbled Critters top convinced me that working with flannel wasn't that difficult.


I had this top sandwiched to fleece, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the color of the fleece.  The blue in the top is slightly on the purple side and the blue fleece is slightly on the green side. I know they won't be seen side by side and most people won't even notice the difference in colors, but since I can't ffinish this until summer, I'm hoping I'll find a fleece that I like better.

Comments